Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ronata Bryant



1.  How many children do you have?

4 total...well, come July there will be 4 total.

2.  Would you like to have more children?  How many or why not?

No more babies. We don't even have room for anymore.

3.  What do you wish you would have known before becoming a mom?

Sleep in every Saturday that I can because that may never happen again. Lol.

4.  What are the tasks that you wish someone else would regularly do for you?

 Mopping and laundry. Not a fan.

5.  How did you take care of your health and wellness during pregnancy?

Well during the first pregnancy I was pretty restricted. During this pregnancy I am much more active and much more conscious of what I put into my body.

6.  Did you have the labor and delivery experience that you desired?  If not, what would have improved your experience?

Yes! 4 hours of labor and 15 minutes of pushing. Perfecto.

7.  How have you taken care of y our health and wellness since becoming a mother?

After gaining 42 pounds I worked hard to get back to my pre-preggo body...and I did. I wanted to have the energy to keep up with the kids.

8.  Are you involved in any mommy groups (in-person or online)?

I lurk on BabyCenter boards....

9.  What do you do to relax?

Sit on the couch and zone out. Play with the kids.

10.  What advice do you have for new and expecting moms?

Enjoy every second of it. Relax. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to get ir "right." You know your baby best. Trust your instincts. Also, don't compare your kids to other kids. It'll drive you crazy. Every child is beautifully different. Don't be afraid to lean on your support system. That's what they're there for. :)

11.  What is the best thing about being a mom?

It's hard to say. I absolutely love it! So much laughter and joy comes from looking at my kid’s faces.

12.  What is the most challenging part about being a mom?

No rest for the weary! Lol. I've also become a worrier....

13.  Please share any additional story or detail related to your pregnancy or motherhood.

Sometimes you're going to have bad days and breakdowns. It happens...especially as your hormones work to get back to normal. Don't be so hard on yourself. One night I woke up and my son was blue. After a hospital stay and treatment for severe acid reflux he was able to come home but I didn't sleep and blamed myself. Shortly after he needed tubes for his ears. Again, I blamed myself. In reality there is nothing I could have done to prevent these events from happening. If I could, I would go back 2 years ago and tell myself to just love him and take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...