Tuesday, May 17, 2011

LaKeisha Davis

LaKeisha Davis


1.  How many children do you have?  
  
2

2.  Would you like to have more children?  How many or why not?  

Yes. I would like at least 2- 4 more.

3.  What do you wish you would have known before becoming a mom? 

 I wish I would have known that every relationship in my life would change. My relationship with the Lord has changed. I use to be able to sit and read my bible for hours or pray for long periods of time but now its not so easy to do. I've had to adjust my approach to bible study and prayer. Now I do bible studies with my kids in my lap and teach them as I'm learning or I just wait until they are napping (if they nap at the same time). Now I pray with my children in my arms or as I make dinner. My relationship with my husband has changed in many ways. We have matured in our marriage. It's no longer about just us. Finding time to just spend with one another is very hard to come by. Again we had to take a different approach from when it was just the two of us. My relationship with my in-laws, family, friends, and even myself has changed. I wish I would have known that there would be times where I would become overwhelmed with every task that a wife, mother, minister, daughter, sister, friend, business owner would have to face and during those times it would be ok to not to be super woman and if everything didn't get done it's ok.

4.  What are the tasks that you wish someone else would regularly do for you? 

Clean, Clean, Clean. I wish I had a maid that cleaned every part of my house daily/weekly.

5.  How did you take care of your health and wellness during pregnancy? 

During pregnancy I was on top of every doctor visit. I wrote down questions to take into my appointment so I wouldn't forget anything(a side effect to pregnancy for me). I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes during both pregnancies so I had to see my Midwives more frequently than others. I walked alot to help with weight gain as well as lower my glucose count.

6.  Did you have the labor and delivery experience that you desired?  If not, what would have improved your experience? 

Yes. I wanted to go completely natural with no medicatation both times and I achieved that. I just wish my babies would come out faster. But if it meant a long labor for my babies to be healthy then I'll take it.

7.  How have you taken care of your health and wellness since becoming a mother?

Since having my last baby I have found out that I am now a Diabetic. I check my glucose levels reguarly and see my family doctor every three months. I am alos exercising regularly.

8.  Are you involved in any mommy groups (in-person or online)? 

No but I would like to be.

9.  What do you do to relax? 

Watch TV. Or Take a nice bubble bath. Sometimes I even put of a nice soft music CD and read a book.

10.  What advice do you have for new and expecting moms? 

Enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast. Don't sweat the small stuff. Pace yourself, you don't have to do everything/housekeeping in one day.

11.  What is the best thing about being a mom? 

Wow! So many great things about motherhood but one would be seeing the baby carried in your belly grow into a little person that has so much joy, personality, character, and a sense of humor.

12.  What is the most challenging part about being a mom? 

Finding time for yourself and not feeling bad about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...