- Spread your food into five to six mini-meals each day.
- Try and have your added sugars make up no more than 10% of your diet.
- Listen to your cravings. They might mean something! If you are craving creamy or fatty foods you might need to raise your serotonin levels she says. Instead of cookies, try graham crackers with peanut butter or fig bars.
- Eat breakfast. Try and include at least one grain, one fruit, and one milk product (low-fat).
- Aim for at least 7 servings of fruits and veggies.
The PMS SmoothieIngredients:
4 dried apricots, soaked in ½ cup apple juice
½ cup nonfat milk
2 tbs. orange juice concentrate
This post was written by Melissa Williams for HealingLifestyles.com.