So, the next time you feel your breath shortening, your heart rate increasing and the adrenaline starting to course through your veins try one of our five instant calming techniques:
- Ground yourself in the present moment - close your eyes and breathe deeply. Feel your feet on the ground and the air on your skin. A lot of anxiety is caused my the uncertainty of the future, so getting present is key.
- Skip the caffeine – that same little rush that can give you the jitters can send your nervous system into overdrive during times of stress. Instead go for green tea or a calming herbal like Chamomile.
- Try child's pose– this classic yoga posture is restorative and nurturing, creating a feeling of safety.
- Reach for lavender or bergamot essential oils or products. These two scents are beloved for their calming, uplifting properties. Dab them on your temples, inside your wrists, or rub between your palms and breathe deeply for several minutes
- Take a brisk walk – movement and exercise can help 'burn off' stress and anxiety and offer a fresh perspective on the situation.
This post was taken from HealingLifestyles.com.