Saturday, August 27, 2011

More Veggies Please!

So my journey toward vegetarianism has begun..... I didn't really plan for this to happen, but a couple of weeks ago I felt my body and spirit telling me to give it a try.  So far, so good.  I must say that it brings out the creativity in me.  It hasn't been difficult for me not to eat meat, but I must have variety.  Boring routines consisting of the same foods repeatedly just won't do.  So I've decided to share a few of the meals that I enjoyed.

Spaghetti & Sauce, Greens & Roasted Tomatoes with Parmesan Cheese & Oregano

Roasted Red Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Green & Red Peppers
Zucchini Bread
Black Bean Burger with Lettuce on a Whole Wheat Pita Bun 

Veggie Pizza


Not Shown:

Portabello Mushroom Sandwich
Vegetables, Tofu &  Rice
French Toast & Fresh Fruit
Veggie Omelet
Veggie Quesadilla
Pumpkin Oatmeal
Sweet Potato & Corn on the Cob
Grapes, Apples, Strawberries, & Bananas
Strawberry & Banana Smoothie
Veggie Sub on Whole Wheat Bread
Etc....... 

I don't know if this is simply a trial run or a new way of life for me.  I currently don't have a taste for meat and I'm enjoying all of the fruits and veggies that summer has to offer.  It's also nice to support my husband's sustained vegetarian lifestyle and a great excuse to buy a few cookbooks!

The journey continues.  In the meantime....More Veggies Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...