Friday, April 22, 2011

Complementary Therapies

What are complementary therapies?

Complementary therapies are healing practices used in conjunction with traditional medicine.

Many complementary therapies exist and other names are often used to describe them. Some of these names include integrative therapies, natural therapies, and holistic therapies.

Who should use complementary therapies?

The beauty of complementary therapies is that they can be used by everyone from infancy through adulthood. These practices are universal in their benefits and can be modified for your lifestyle.


Why use complementary therapies?

Complementary therapies are the perfect complement to your health and wellness needs. They enhance your current practices, accompanying your health, fitness and nutrition plans.


Living holistically means caring for your total being- mind, body & spirit. Holistic living includes the use of complementary therapies to promote health and wellness and to prevent illness or discomfort in a manner that is consistent with your beliefs.


Other info:


When complementary therapies are used instead of traditional medicine, this is called alternative therapies or alternative healthcare.


I will most frequently discuss the complementary therapies that I use so that I can describe the therapeutic benefits from experience. However, I will honor requests for information on other therapies.


Here are some of the complementary therapies that I will present in the future:


Animal Therapy

Aromatherapy

Art Therapy

Breathwork

Creative Therapies

Dance Therapy

Gardening

Healing Environments

Humor

Hydrotherapy

Imagery

Integrative Nutrition

Journaling

Massage Therapy

Meditation

Music Therapy

Social Support

Yoga



I often use the word complement and people tend to ask me if I meant to use compliment, so I thought I'd explain. These are both words that I'll frequently utilize to describe women and motherhood. I believe that mothers need and deserve compliments for the endless love and care they provide. I also love complementary therapies and think they complement and benefit our lives. Here are their definitions to clear up any confusion.


Compliment- praise, commendation, accolades, tribute


Complement- match, balance, counterpart, accompaniment



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...